Feed on
Posts
Comments

Although summer is here many people are thinking about keeping their homes cool, in a couple of months it will be time to start heating your home again. As it has grown to be more expensive to heat oil, lots of people want a new way to heat their houses. The thing is that these alternative methods also have a greater risk of causing house fires. Keeping your house safe when using alternative heating sources is the topic of this article.

Electric powered heaters and electric fireplaces tend to be the first product that people decide to buy.  If not properly looked after, electric fireplaces and space heaters can pose a very real fire risk. One thing you should know about these types of units is that you should in no way leave these running when your not home. Although they are normally safe units, having these operating when no one is home is a huge fire risk. While they are running it’s also wise to never place any objects near the devices. Just about any wall or object that is flammable must be at least 3 feet away from the unit. As a final point, you should never plug this device into a power strip.

A wood fire stove or fireplace is something that lots of people decide on obtaining. Even though this can be a great way to heat up your home, this can also be a fire hazard. The first thing you should realize is that even though you feel you could put the stove in yourself, you should always hire professionals to install it for you. Appropriate set up should result in reducing the chance of fires and saving money.

Cleansing the chimney and wood stove routinely is vital to keep yourself safe once the unit is properly set-up. Chimney fires are most often the result of creosote that accumulates in the stove and chimney. Placing a shield whether it’s glass or metal in front of the fireplace or wood stove is something else to bear in mind. This will help to reduce any chances of any wood sparks landing on your carpets or other flammable materials. If you are not at home, it is a wise course of action to shut the wood stove or fireplace off.

Using a smoke detector in every room is worth the expense. While this is not typically required by legal requirements, this is an excellent way to help make sure your family is notified if there is a fire. Every single level of your house should also have a fire extinguisher ready to be used. Even though the tips above should help eliminate chances of a fire, mishaps still happen and it is better to be prepared. It does not matter if you are searching the internet for information regarding cash for cars San Diego, cash for cars Rochester NY or even cash for cars NY

Call Realtor Agata Grudzinski @ (850) 708-7724 for Property Details.